Skype Interview Solution
Skype Chat is a cost effective interview method largely used in qualitative research.
In any cases of interviews to be carried out among participants and researchers that are distantly located, or scattered, it is time-consuming and inconvenient to carry out face-to-face interviews. As a sound alternative method, Skype chat may be used in these circumstances. Even cross-border interviews can be performed with the assistance of interpreter joining online Skype conference, which saves research effort much more than ever in terms of time and travelling cost of project team.
Cost efficient Capable to connect moderators (interviewers) and respondents from varied areas.
Travelling attempt for research project is saved Flexbile schedule for interviews setting up
Inconvenience at bad-internet-connection research venue Body language may not be well perceived through Skype interviews Recorded voice quality (for reference) may be affected gained due to distant communication
Respondents meeting various conditions can be recruited from our online survey panel in Thailand
A collection of technology devices assist online interviews with cameras, projectors and recorders in a smooth combination
Moderator and Interpreter
Experience qualitative researchers of Macromill South East Asia moderate interviews with support of various foreign language interpreter as per research request
CASES TO BE SUPPORTED BY SKYPE INTERVIEWS AT Macromill South East Asia
- FGDs or IDIs carried out with respondents located far from moderators (and / or interpreters)
- Focus Group Discussions (FGD) carried out with respondents scattering through different locations
- FGDs or IDIs with clients attending from far distance
Contact us for service price in details
|IR(Incident rate)||IR= * * %
. Mothers aged 18 - 35 years old
. Those who currently feed/ used to feed their children with solid food after the children turn to 6th month
|Interview time||90 mins|
Simple summary report: Local / English language
Transcription: Local / English language (upon request)
|Price||1462.20 $ (Exculed VAT)|
|Project management fee||Set||01||$130.00||$130.00|
|Create Interview guide||Set||01||$200.00||$200.00|
|Simultaneous English Interpreter||Set||03||$120.00||$360.00|
|Skype interview facilities (Recorder, Projector etc)||Set||03||$35.00||$105.00|
|Simple Summary Report||Set||01||$300.00||$300.00|
|TOTAL (Exclued VAT)||$1,492.20|
|Item||Quantity/ Unit||Unit cost||Cost|
|Project management fee||01/Set||$130.00||$130.00|
|Create Interview guide||01/Set||$200.00||$200.00|
|Simultaneous English Interpreter||03/Set||$120.00||$360.00|
|Skype interview facilities (Recorder, Projector etc)||03/Set||$35.00||$105.00|
|Simple Summary Report||01/Set||$300.00||$300.00|
|TOTAL (Exclued VAT)||$1,492.20|
- 1. Research brief
Client sends research brief to Macromill South East Asia
- 2. Proposal
Based on the research brief, Macromill South East Asia prepares a proposal which identifies target respondents and research methodology
- 3. Recruiting
Macromill South East Asia prepare screening questionnaire and start recruiting. Recruiting period depends on the difficulty of target respondents and total sample size.
- 4. Discussion/ Interview guideline
Macromill South East Asia prepare/ translate duideline and getconfirmed by clients.
- 5. Invitation Call back qualified participants 2 days before interview
- 6. Set up facilities
Prepare skype interview rooms (standard) with additional facilities as requested ( camera, projector..)
- 7. Transcription
Create transcription based on interview recordings whenever requested
- 8. Summary report
Create summary (qualitative) report based on interview findings
- ** Interpreter is to join the interviews whenever requested
1. Macromill South East Asia Research team define and specify target conditions for research study
2. Macromill South East Asia runs online survey to recruit respondents from Yimresearch panel, or recruit respondents from offline network.
3. Confirm qualified respondents passing screening round
4. Call respondents to confirm recruitment criteria and pick out qualified respondents
5. Divide potential respondents to 2 target groups: MAIN and EXTRA.
MAIN respondents: have higher intention of participating in Skype interviews
EXTRA respondents: have lower intention or be unsure about their participation.
** Cancellation rate in Asian countries is really high because of cultural or external factors, so the number of respondents recruited are always double by needed number.
6.Recontact to confirm respondent's participation as well as other information 3 days before the online Skype interview.
7. Recontact to confirm respondent's participation in 2 hours before the interview.
8. Test Skype connection before interview